1) This blog (and all my others) and everything on it is mine. I own the intellectual copyright to it, and I don’t expect anyone to steal my words or my photos. (Not sure why they would, but who knows).
2) If you wish to quote something from here or use a photo on a non-profit making blog, please ask nicely, say that you will attribute me, and I may or may not say yes.
3) I don’t have advertising on any of my blogs because quite, frankly my dear, I think it looks appalling. I am afraid I put graphic design and ethics before money in this case. If you want me to advertise something and it fits in with my ethics and my principles then I will consider it. If you are extremely nice and I have known you for some time, I may consider free publicity (it helps if you have at least one dog or you are vegetarian or something like that).
4) Spam gets chucked in the bin. I don’t even know why people try. I have my spam net set to catch one url link, so that means that even regular commenters may end up in there – but the good news is, I do check it regularly and retrieve the good people, so comment away with your links if I know you, or just leave the h off the http link.
5) Otherwise I rarely bin/edit comments. I appreciate everyone who visits here and especially those who take the time to write something. I hope somewhere on roughseas (or clouds or Pippa’s or everypic or justlandrovers) you find something that interests you.
6) Guest blogging
If you want to write on my blog, fine by me, just send some text by email. No huge restrictions – you can post it to your blog and wherever else you want, your work, your intellectual copyright.
Spelling errors to be mutually corrected and agreed, and if you are north American you keep your spelling, otherwise I would prefer everything to be in English.
No limit on words, unless I have fallen asleep reading your text in which case it may not be the most exciting post ever.
There is a limit on length of paragraphs. They need to be SHORT.
Yes, VERY SHORT. Like this.
No homophobia, racism, anti-feminism, blah blah.
You get the right to edit your post and to reply to comments.
See how liberal I am?
And, nearly forgot – what to write about?
Anything really – Spain, Gib, being an ex-pat anywhere in the world, current affairs from your perspective, your view of anything I write about …. and that could be gardens, geocaching, rehoming animals, cooking, – roughseas is your oyster.
I will obviously add a disclaimer saying that your views aren’t mine and how I appreciate you saving a couple of hours out of my day by writing for me.
7) Vice versa
I will also write for others if I like you. I would prefer to get paid for writing, but life isn’t always like that.
I’d appreciate the same sort of flexibility that I have suggested above.
Thank you for visiting roughseas and for reading.