I don’t normally reblog, (I asked permission first), but I couldn’t ignore this story.
You’ve probably all read it.
Baby giraffe killed with bolt gun because he is a pleb. Common genes make him not worth breeding from. Ripped apart in front of audience including kids, and fed to lions in the guise of education.
The only education to be gained from that is:
1) Zoos are not a good thing
2) People are sick
3) Children will grow up thinking it is ok to kill animals, disrespect them and treat them as meaningless objects whose lives have no value. Killing a giraffe, publicly cutting it up and feeding it to lions in a Copenhagen zoo hardly mimics life on the African savanna.
There were offers to rehome Marius that were rejected. Even my tough native Yorkshire offered to take him. An individual offered €500 to home him.
It seems that only offers from people who abided by the strict breeding code would be considered. Why not neuter him? Oh wait, if he can’t make money we need to kill him.
Not only do we have pedigree breeding of dogs and cats to crazy rules, now we have pedigree giraffes. FFS.
It’s called eugenics, made popular by those nice men in Germany in the 1930s.
Would I be here today if these crazy principles were practised? Would you? No.
• Do not go to zoos. Do not take your children or grandchildren to zoos. I am sure there are good zoos out there, but that doesn’t outweigh the bad ones, better no zoos. Would you like to be caged up or in a small compound out of your natural habitat for people or animals to gawk at you?
• Sign the petitions for the director of the zoo to be sacked (links on the reblog).
• Don’t go to animal circuses, and don’t go to animal rescue homes at the weekend to look at all the cute doggies and kitties as an entertaining day out.
• Take some responsibility for your life on this earth and respect those who we share it with, however badly we do that.
• If you want a domestic animal, please rescue one instead of buying from a pedigree breeder. If your heart is set on a certain breed of animal, there are always pedigrees available in either breed-specific shelters or in your average common rescue shelter.
OK, off back to my hiatus.
In the meantime, there are a couple of posts here:
http://wp.me/p22Jwi-fA (land rovers)
and for those of you who haven’t read it
A Pippa Snowy post to follow at some point.
I know I said no ugly pictures would be on this blog but I’m sorry we can not just turn our heads to what was done to this innocent baby giraffe.
To say that I am incensed does not even begin to convey the anger and rage I am feeling at the moment. If I lived in Copenhagen the asshole c.e.o. that allowed an innocent baby giraffe to be slaughter would have no rest because I would be heading the biggest boycott/protest. Actually the only thing that would make me feel better would be if I could personally torture this pathetic excuse for a human being.
Yep I am one angry and pissed off vegan right now.
For those of you who have been distracted by the Olympics and are wondering what the heck is Ivonne talking about? Oh and the Russian Olympics–well that’s a whole another rant right there.
View original post 312 more words